Monday 20 June 2011

Walk 64













Sittingbourne to Gillingham 18miles




3 trains and a cooked breakfast later and I had reached my start point at Sittingbourne. Most of today was to be spent walking along the esturies of the River Swale and River Medway. The first pic is of the bridge acorss the river to the Isle of Sheppy and the 2nd pic is of a boat "graveyard" where for some reason all these vessels had been left to rot...truly bizzare. The walk today then took me inland along country lanes and thru a lot of small villages... I decieded to stop for lunch in the village of Lower Halstow at the 3 tuns pub, in doing so I met a nice couple who were more than willing to tell me as much local knowledge as my brain could take in about the surrounding area!, I have found that the nice people of Kent more than willing in this aspect and long may it continue

No comments:

Post a Comment