Monday 20 June 2011

Walk 65



















Gillingham to Gravesend 22miles


A day of inland walking up and down the River Medway and River Thames. Once out of Gillingham it was onto Rochester and across the bridge which is where I took the first pic of the day looking back to the Castle. This week of walking has sent me past so many castles in Kent I've lost count! one way of keeping the French out!!!!!LOL As I navigated the Medway I came across a rotting submarie in the shallows(see pic2) of the bay at Upper Upnor. It was then onto Hoo St Werburgh where I had to head inland in order to link up with the mighty Thames, along the way yet another castle caught my eye (see pic 3) at a place called Cooling (great name!) The rest of the journey to Gravesend was along the Thames Estury.

No comments:

Post a Comment