Monday 15 October 2012

Walk 110

Fishguard to Poppit Sands 26miles

Its very late September and I have 11 days off work to complete the Fishguard to Bangor section of the Wales Coast Path. Today's walk starts from where I left off in July and guess what?......... they've strimmed the paths....hoooray, maybe they are reading my blog!!!?

The day is warm and sunny(unlike July!) and I have a lot of hard miles ahead of me, the 10 miles or so to Newport are supposed to be the easy part of the walk but as I trudged up and down another valley I'm starting to wonder what the rest of the walk is like! Newport (unlike its namesake in south Wales) is lovely, a really nice village feel to it and with a nice beach to boot! (see pic) The hike out of Newport is uphill and 2 miles out of town there is a warning sign that there are no facilities for the next 12.8 miles(unless you want to take big detours inland), but you have to ask yourself why this sign is so far away from Newport? Surely it should be at the bottom of the first hill out of Newport, its just ridiculous being in its present location!!! So I battled on uphill and down-dale all the way to Poppit Sands YHA which is in a very convenient location and one of the best YHAs I've stopped in.....this was mainly due to me being their only customer for the night, so I got a fantastic nights sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment