Monday 15 October 2012

Walk 111

Poppit Sands to Penbryn 19miles

A 7.30 start today to try and miss the worst of the wet weather which was forecast for the afternoon. The first few miles were along roads through St Dogmels which marks the end of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path and the start of the Ceredigian Coast path. I wandered into Cardigan and promptly got lost due to a new road system put in place for a Supermarket, eventually I gave up looking for the coast path markers and walked up the B4568 out of town in the general right direction, this took me to Gwebert which is opposite where I started my days walking, here you have to turn right along more roads until you reach Mwent on the coast. The going from Mwent to Aberporth is a little bit up and down but nothing too serious. I stopped in Aberporth for lunch which is yet another lovely coastal village(see pic) The rain still hadn't arrived so I ploughed on to my final destination at Penbryn, where ½ mile just before my B&B I came across this fantastic waterfall (see pic), a great end to a dry day!!! oh yes 10mins after arriving at the B&B the heavens opened...now that's timing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment