Monday 15 October 2012

Walk 113

Llanrhystud to Borth 16.5miles

The day started with a monster hill out of Llanrhystud but at least it was bright and sunny! I was soon into the routine of going up and down valleys, however the paths due to the overnight rain were becoming more and more treacherous and this was highlighted by the hill on the way into Aberystwyth, the rain had started an hour beforehand but it was monsoon time when I reached the brow of the hill! I slipped and skidded most of the way down but miraculously not falling over. Once in Aberystwyth I found a pub with a large radiator and dried all my stuff out whilst I had lunch. :) The town seemed very nice and full of students going about there business, it had a great atmosphere I would like to return when its a bit more sunny.

So obviously as I had negotiated a hill into town sure enough there was another big one for me to climb on the other side of the bay! This hill though did have a really nice cliff railway which I nearly beat to the top, now that's sedate :) It was then full steam ahead to Borth via Clarach Bay which itself was very nice and scenic

No comments:

Post a Comment