Saturday 5 July 2014

Walk 176

Applecross to Sheildaig 23miles

Today was another hot one so I started early on my walk around the Applecross peninsula.  All of the walk was along roads which at 9am on Sunday morning were thankfully quiet.  I headed out of Applecross and the road swung north with my first stop at Sand which is a cool name for a beach says it all really!
Sand
The road continued on through Londain, Callakille and Cuiag, I had now picked up Raasay and Rona Islands on my left finally leaving behind Skye.

Raasay and Rona
The final settlement on the western side of the peninsula is Fearnmore the road then started to head south towards Arrisa along Loch Torridon.
Arrisa
The road wound its way through forest and past lochs, up and down before arriving in Inverbain where just a few yards in front of me a Pinemartin ran across the road, he was too quick for me to get the camera out but a first for me!  I was now walking along Loch Sheidaig passing by the many islands in the bay, before arriving at my bed and breakfast for the night hot and very very thirsty!
Loch Sheildaig
Accomodation: Kinloch BnB, Nr Sheildaig £40.00. This was very nice with fabulous views and very quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment