Sunday 27 July 2014

Walk 183

The Polbain Loop 15.5miles

I had done some research on today's walk on the Walkhighlands website before I'd left home which is why I was attempting today's little jaunt.

I started from the BnB in Polbain and took the road to Altandhu turning right here towards the bay at Achnahaird, the views to the Assynt mountains were fantastic as I made my way along this road.
Assynt Mountains
Once I arrived at Achnahaird Bay I turned left along a well trodden path skirting around Cnoc Mor passing by Rhuba Duilich and Rhuba Chairn, the path soon disappeared but the going was reasonably OK under foot as there were a lot of sheep tracks that wound in and out of the ferns, but a few times I had to make it up as I went along but eventually I made it to the peninsular at Rubha Na Coigeach.
Rhuba Chairn
Once at the peninsular the terrain changed instantly firstly to very rocky and then to what I can only describe as the nicest path of grass I have ever walked upon, it was like someone had rolled out the green carpet for me!!!! this continued all the way to Reiff.

Reiff
Once I arrived in Reiff I picked up the road to Altandhu but as I was walking along I caught out the corner of my eye something moving in the water.....Dolphins!!!! what a perfect end to 8 days hard walking, this was as good as it gets!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment