Monday 11 May 2015

Walk 204

Munlochy to Balloch 14.5miles

I was trying to walk to Inverness Airport today so I could catch my flight home, but due to the bad weather I fell short by a couple of miles :(

Kessock Bridge
It was a nice day as I made my way out of Munlochy, I took a right turn to Bayhead with the idea of walking around the bay via a few tracks marked on the map, this soon descended into farce as the track I was following suddenly ended and I had to back track on myself eventually rejoining the road some 1/8mile away from where I had left it!!! I was soooooo angry, why do they bother printing the tracks on a map when they don't even exist !!!!  I made my way disgruntled towards North Kessock via a wildlife park just before Drumsmittal, bizarrely this park houses Zebras!! in the middle of Scotland!!!
The view form the Kessock Bridge
  So I eventally crossed the bridge into Inverness and taking a quick detour around and past Inverness Calli Football ground I picked up the A96, the first 2 miles to the retail park were ok to walk along because there was a path (hardly supprising!!), but just after the path ran out things got really scary! I have walked along a lot of roads in Scotland but this one has to be by far the worst, things were made worse by the rain coming in just after Culloden and it was with regret that a mile or so up the road I spotted a bus going in my direction and stuck out my hand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment