Monday 22 June 2015

walk 207

Forres to Lossiemouth 23miles

I caught the bus to Forres from Nairn on another cold and gloomy day, it felt more like November than July!  I started the walk from the town centre and made my way via the very quiet back roads to Kinloss.
RAF Kinloss
I made steady progress all the way along the very quiet B9011 until reaching Findhorn, right at the very tip of the estuary, I stood and looked at the gap between me and the forest at Culbin and I could almost touch the other side, but unfortunately I had to walk the long way round as usual!!
Findhorn Bay
I yomped over the sand dunes and made it to the beach....all 8miles of it!!! WOW what a beauty, this went all the way to Burghhead.



Halfway along the beach and I came across a number of school children taking part in their sports day, even though the day was cold the kids were having a lot of fun, it was great to see!  Eventually I reached Burghead and I had to stop at a cafe for a cuppa just to get warmed up as now a light drizzle had started! Once I had been fed and watered I followed a disused railway line out of town which had been converted into a cycle path, this path took me to Hopeman and my second GC of the week.
Hopeman
Sculptors Cove
The cycle path carried on for a few miles before ending just before the GC at Clovesea, once again the beach came to my rescue form having to road walk and this took me past the spectacular lighthouse at Balgreen.  I have seen quite a few lighthouses on my walks but never one this close to the beach.
Balgreen Lighthouse
Passing by the GC at Lossiemouth I made my way around the headland and my bed and breakfast for the night, a thoroughly enjoyable walk.

Accommodation: Ceilidh Bed and Breakfast, 34 Clifton Road. A really nice BnB and not to far from all the places to eat in Lossimouth £35.00




No comments:

Post a Comment