Wednesday 24 June 2015

Walk 209

Cullen to Macduff 17miles

After another bad nights sleep in a Youth Hostel I picked my away around the coast path towards Sandend, the path was clearly defined and took me up high onto the cliffs where I was able to get a great view of Findlater Castle which was built into a rock but sadly my photo does not do it justice.
Findlater Castle
I carried on along the path all the way to Portsoy via the very beautiful bay at Sandend, which was a favourite camping spot for a few people.
Sandend Bay
Portsoy seemed like a nice place but it was here that the coast path came to an end and I had to take to the road again.
Portsoy
The road was very quiet and its marked on the map as a cycle route so I didn't expect much traffic, and that certainly turned out to be the case!.
Seatown
After a few miles of road the route turned left towards Whitehills where the cycle path continued around the bay all the way to Banff (GC No8) and its beautiful bay.

Banff Bay
I followed the route around Banff and had to briefly navigate my way along the busy A98 but thankfully this soon disappeared once I'd walked in Macduff.

Accommodation: Martin and Monicas Bed and Breakfast £30.00 Very nice stay which is more than can be said for Macduff....Duff by name Duff by nature, its a sadly run down fishing port which has seen better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment