Friday 26 June 2015

Walk 211

Fraserburgh to Peterhead 23 miles

After what I thought was going to be a difficult nights sleep (youths using the street as a racetrack around the hotel!) I made my way out of Fraserburgh. As there was is no bridge across the small river that runs into the sea at Cairnbulg I opted to walk along the road instead ( GC No11) I then turned left down the B9107 and headed towards Inverallochy.
Inverallochy Beach
There is a small beach at Inverallochy that I managed to walk along passing by GC No12, I soon arrived in St Combs and the main attraction of today's walk 14miles of uninterrupted beach walking all the way to Peterhead.
Rattray Head Lighthouse



Mile after mile of beach, I was in heaven!!!  I passed by Rattray Head with its distinctive lighthouse plonked in the middle of the sea and then the Gas Terminal and finally arriving in Peterhead via a very useful foot bridge across a river that links GC No13 with Peterhead.
                         My accommodation was on the far side of town so I had to walk the three miles around the whole town which was very busy with various ships of all shapes and sizes.

Accommodation: Alexanders Invernettie Guest House. I nice quiet place to stay. £40.00 Bed and Continental breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment