Tuesday 13 March 2012

Walk 90


Fosdyke to Freiston Shore 21miles

Today was a tale of two rivers the Welland and the Witham. I started with a walk down the west bank of the Welland and decided to take a pic to show just how flat and straight the Fens are in this part of the world! I then walked up and down the Witham navigating my way through Boston and past the landfill site at the mouth of the river, seeing the many 100's of plastic carrier bags stuck to the inside of the fence of the tip only strengthened my resolve to take my own bags to the supermarket, rather than getting new ones every time we go! it was very depressing to see the sheer quantity:( The rest of the walk was pretty uneventful, Iam just glad today is the last day of walking up and down river estuaries in the Wash. I have found it very refreshing to here a different dialect over the last few days and Iam now in " everything alright duck" country.....don't you just love England!

No comments:

Post a Comment