Wednesday 14 March 2012

Walk 92


Skegness to Saltfleet 21miles

At last a nice day to start today's walk....a quick walk down Skeggy high street bought me to the promenade and I started walking towards the Butlins holiday camp, which is there flagship holiday park and judging by the accommodation things have come a long way since the shabby chalets of the past! Next along was the roller coaster theme park and they were in the process of testing the rides, and I stood there mesmerised for 10mins watching these empty carriages going around and around the ride.....wishing I was on it!!Just after Chapel St Leonards the promenade runs out, and as it was low tide I hopped onto the beach and this would take me most of the way to Mablethorpe. As I walked along the beach I noticed a dead starfish(see Pic) and took a photo as I had never been this close to one before however it soon came clear this was not the only casualty as there was(and this is NO exaggeration) 100s and 100s of dead starfish all the way from Skeggy to Mablethorpe it was very sad :( The final part of my walk was along the sand dunes all the way into Saltfleet.

No comments:

Post a Comment