Friday 23 March 2012

Walk 95


Berrow Haven to Hull 15miles

A short walk today as it was my last day on the east coast and I have a gruelling 6.5hr train journey to endure to get home :( The day was absolutely beautiful talk about saving the best till last! The first task of the day was to tackle the Humber Bridge which is 1.5miles long and still very busy even on a Sunday morning, not only with cars but joggers and cyclists! After crossing the bridge I picked up the Trans Pennine Trail which informed me that it was 79 miles to Filey so that means Im in Yorkshire whoooo hoooo my favourite county....Gods country!!!!! As I made my way down the other side of the Humber estuary the scenery seemed to change with every mile, firstly brand spanking new out of town shopping complexes, then complete derelict buildings and finally lovely marinas with cobbled streets, I don't think I have seen such contrasts in such a short space. Pic is obviously of the Humber Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment