Wednesday 14 March 2012

Walk 91


Freiston Shore to Skegness 24miles

I hung out at the B&B until 9.30 in order to avoid the rain.....it didn't work! so by 11am when the heavens opened I thought that waiting for any longer and I would never have made it to Skeggy before sunset! Today would be a change from the last few days as I would be finally be seeing some sand rather than marshes! So the first 10mile or so was along the sea bank then just before Wainfleet I cut inland to take the less scenic route partly along the very fast road that is the A52. I walked through Wainfleet past the Bateman brewery and I must say what a nice village :) I then attempted to take a short cut via Havenhouse railway station only to find the route blocked and thus coasting me an extra 4miles of pointless walking...oh well. I eventually picked up the A52 again and arrived in Skeggy just before sunset...phew. I quite like Skeggy even though I had a lot of trouble finding somewhere to eat on a cold Wednesday evening in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment