Tuesday 8 October 2013

Walk 148

Maybole to Troon 18miles

I had a 2 hour window of opportunity in the morning before the weather closed in with heavy rain in the forecast.  The road out of Maybole in long and winding but thankfully it is Saturday so the traffic is light.  Just before Drumsheng at the top of a hill you get a magnificent view of Culzean castle clinging to the cliff face unfortunately it was too dull to take a photo but I did stand for a good while and admire the view. Next village was Denmure which I skirted around before making the approach to Ayr.

Ayr
Ayr is by far the biggest town I have visited all week and it was a shock to the system to see all these people in one place as most of the villages I have walked though were one horse towns!!!  The rain finally arrived as I walked out of Ayr, so I stopped at Prestwick Airport train station to shelter and eat my lunch.  Whilst at Prestwick I got chatting to a couple of guys who were busy organising the bus replacement service for the railway company and I finally found out from them what Neeps and Tatties is on the menus I've been staring at all week!! I must say it was starting to bug me!!!!  The final part of the journey took me along a cycle route which was a pleasant change, and finally I arrived in Troon which has a total of 9 golf courses....
Troon  Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment