Saturday 19 October 2013

Walk 156

Cambletown to Southend 14miles

An even easier walk today so I started out late to try to miss the rain....but I failed!!!  The route took me around the bay at Cambletown past the causeway to Davaar Island. I continued along the coast road through Kildalloig and Ballimenach with the sea on my left and Christmas trees on my right. At Feochaig I stopped for lunch and seal watching again for the second time this week.  As I pushed on to Southend I was stopped by yet another motorist and asked if I wanted a lift, this is the 4th person this week that has stopped and asked me but as I'm walking I refuse politely every time aren't the Scottish kind and friendly!!  Actually it was quite fortunate that this motorist stopped as an Island had appeared on my left and I hadn't a clue what it was called, so I asked the gent in the car who reliably informed that it was Sanda Island
Sanda Island
and is privately owned.

Just before Southend the heavens really opened and I got soaked, I was also 1.25hrs early to get into my accommodation so I sat in the shed and wrote out my notes for this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment