Saturday 19 October 2013

Walk 157

Southend to Glenbarr 26miles

After 5 days of rain the forecast today was for dry and sunny weather what a relief ! The walk out of Southend took me past my first beach of the week, I found it hard to comrehend that this was my first beach of the week and that I'd walked so far without seeing one! The route took me inland a little today with uphill and downhill roads through many forests, I saw a young buck at the top of one hill but I couldn't get my camera out in time.

Westpoint Beach
The road eventually led to Machrihanish, after skirting around their magnificent golf course I walked along Westpoint beach, and what a beach! 3 miles of sand arching around a lovely bay, I thought beaches are like buses you wait for ever for one then 2 come along at once! I sat in the dunes to eat my lunch and watched the world and their dogs walk by. Once off the beach I had 10 miles of road walking along the very busy A83 with the isle of Gigha as my only company for the rest of the day.

Southend Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment