Sunday 13 October 2013

Walk 150

Largs to Wemyss Bay 8miles

I had just about recovered from yesterdays mammoth walk, so I woke up pleased in the knowledge that I had only 8 miles to walk today.  The BNB owner suggested that I took the back road to Wemyss Bay as the main road was very busy and had no footpath to walk along.  So I started out with a very long and steep hill out of Largs, once at the top I had magnificent views of the bay with its Islands and I stood for a while watching the ferry chugging across the bay to Millport.  The back road continued uphill and down dale for a few miles eventually meeting up with the main road at Skelmorlie, thankfully there was a footpath that took me to Wemyss Bay and my train home.
Wemyss Bay

A quick note on Wemyss Bay railway station, it has to be one of the finest in the whole of the UK...an architectural masterclass.

No comments:

Post a Comment