Thursday 17 March 2016

Walk 221

Dysart to Dalmeny 22miles

Dysart
Today was my last day stopping with my daughter in St Andrews, it had been a lovely visit and I will never tire of visiting both her and the town.

I arrived in Dysart at my start point with my full pack on my shoulders again, it had been a nice few days without it but after a mile or so I didn't really notice the extra weight.
I made my way to Kircaldy, this must be one of the biggest towns I have walked around since Aberdeen, so much traffic and people! This town was closely followed by Kinghorn which at least was a little more sedate.
Kinghorn


Burntisland quickly followed Kinghorn and as the tide was out I was able to hop onto the beach and walk all the way into town.
Burntisland Beach

As you will be able to see by the pictures there was a lot of very misty low cloud around the bays, which was a real shame as I had to cross the Forth Road Bridge and I was nearly on top of it before I could see it!

Forth Road Bridge

Forth Rail Bridge
The walk across the bridge was fantastic though a little unsettling as every time a large lorry crossed the bridge the whole structure bounced up and down!!  All to soon I arrived in Dalmeny and my train back to Inverkeithing.

Accommodation: Boreland Lodge Hotel. Inverkeithing £30.00 bed only.  A very nice stay with a larger than normal single bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment