Sunday 20 March 2016

Walk 224

Dunbar to Cockburnspath 15miles

Blue skies abound at the start of todays walk and even though I had put myself through the ringer yesterday the legs and feet were feeling great.

Dunbar Castle
Even though there isn't much left of Dunbar Castle its still looks very picturesque perched on top of the big rock over looking the harbour.
         The John Muir Way will take me all the way along the coast to Cockburnspath where it meets up with the newly formed Berwickshire Coast path.  I made my way out of Dunbar via the golf course and stood watching some golfers tee off and by some sort of miracle all 3 of them managed to find the water with their first shot! I was crying with laughter inside!!!
          The path hugged the coast and I was soon at the impressive Barns Ness Lighthouse.

Barns Ness Lighhouse
            I wound my way in and out of various bays and eventually I arrived at my final nuclear power station of my 5000 mile walk at Torness Point, like always I tried to hold my breath as I walked round the carbuncle!! I soon had my back to the power station and I arrived at my finish point in Cockburnspath with plenty of time to catch my bus back to Dunbar.

Thorntonloch Bay
This had been a great 10 day walk with some fantastic highlights that will live long in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment